The “Is (still) history of archaeology useful?” meeting, organized by Alessandro Guidi and Sébastien Plutniak, was held in Rome, 10-11 September 2019, thanks to the support of the Roma 3 University, the Muciv – Museo delle Civiltà, and the École française de Rome.
- Laura Coltofean-Arizancu, The status of the history of archaeology in Romania and Hungary.
- Marzena Woźny, New branch of science or just subsidiary discipline? History of archaeology in Poland.
- Alessandro Guidi & Federico Nomi, For an history of Italian archaeological historiography.
- Sébastien Plutniak, Historian of archaeology embedded: some considerations from three recent research projects integrating archaeological research and history of archaeology.
- Géraldine Delley, History of archaeology in museums.
- Daniele Aureli & Roxane Rocca, The Lower Palaeolithic site of Cimitero di Atella : between past and present.
- Bettina Arnold, New perspectives in the history of European archaeology in the US: Old World/New World comparative analyses then and now.
- Ana Cristina Martins, History of archaeology and local development: heritage, memory, territory.
- Margarita Díaz-Andreu & Ulf R. Hansson, General discussion.